My name is Jacquie Buttriss and I live in Sussex. I have been a professional writer for many years and have also worked in publishing, education and business.
I now specialise in ghostwriting. I love meeting people and listening to their stories, so I’m happy to travel, to meet you and discuss your project.
One of my passions is family history. If you would like a book writtten about the life or deeds of your ancestor(s), contact me to talk it through.
My Writing and Editing Experience
Over the last 25 years I have had more than 50 books published, many of them with a co-author, and over 170 articles. I was the editor of two magazines and writer/researcher for an educational charity. I am a long-time member of the Society of Authors and co-chair of its regional group.
People from all backgrounds have always fascinated me. I love to learn about their exploits and motivations, their aspirations and achievements, their obstacles and how they overcame them – both moving and inspiring. So it seemed a natural progression to become a ghostwriter, which I love. My latest ghostwritten book ‘My Secret Sister’ shot into the Sunday Times Bestsellers top ten, just days after its publication.
Recent ghostwriting projects include:
- The memoirs of two sisters with contrasting lives, finally united.
- The autobiography of a pioneer in prison education.
- A previously untold story of WW2 Italy.
- The experiences of a WW2 PoW on the Burma railway.
- Two books by a foster-mum of hundreds of children, over nearly 50 years.
- The harrowing memoir of an English kidnap victim, held captive and abused for 13 years in middle England
My Editing and Copy-writing
Recent editing projects include:
- The report of an innovative mentoring project and its outcomes
- A poetry anthology
Recent copy-writing includes:
- The copy (text) for three websites
- Articles for a professional organisation